Being a holiday decorating enthusiast living in a small apartment can be a tragic affair. But, it doesn’t have to be! Here are some ways to fill your apartment with holiday spirit in space-saving, super cute ways.
- Don’t have enough floor space for a Christmas tree? Make one on your wall using garland and twinkling lights. It will serve as an adequate alternative to a tree in small apartments. Check out these ideas to create your own alternative tree.
- Exchange your regular living room throw blanket and pillows for ones with holiday colors and themes.
- Pile on the holiday scents. For instance, you can light gingerbread and cranberry scented candles. Or you can follow this recipe to DIY Christmas potpourri.
- Don’t underestimate the mantle space. It serves little purpose and is a great way to centralize your Christmas decorations. For a start, try a garland with lights and stockings for you and your roommates.
- Exchange your regular dining table runner and place settings with holiday servers and centerpieces. Follow this link for easy DIY Christmas table centerpiece ideas.
- Hang garland with lights around each bedroom doorway. This doesn’t take up much space but immediately makes the apartment feel like the holidays at home.
- Use tiny Christmas trees to decorate shelves or coffee tables. Plus, you can find them easily at stores craft and hobby stores.
- Exchange your kitchen and bathroom hand towels with holiday themed ones. In addition, you can switch out your hand soaps for festively scented alternatives.
- Don’t forget your front door! Find a great Christmas wreath or follow this link for steps to make your own holiday door wreath.
- Change your outdoor welcome mat to something holiday themed.
- Hang traditional ball ornaments from your ceiling. These ornaments are pretty light and can safely hang from fishing line push-pinned to the ceiling. Just make sure you hang them high enough so people don’t run into them.
- Spice up your coffee bar with holiday options. For example, you can try peppermint creamer, hot chocolate, marshmallows and candy-cane stirrers. These tasty homemade holiday coffee creamers would even make excellent gifts!
- Last but not least — Mistletoe!
These easy ideas will turn your apartment into a Winter Wonderland in no time. Now, all we need are some Christmas music classics and a little snow.